Saw things I shouldn't have. I made a fool of myself.


Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Last Year Interview with Skittle Alley

Fanou is a kind person and somehow it reflects his music. If you hold HeyHo! CD-R release of Skittle Alley, then you could probably have read my linear note of some stupid kudos to his warmness and how his music becomes my morning standard tracks. and I mean it. I think Fanou is a true popkid at heart without any specific reasons that I can explain. Well, I'm going too far right now and it scares you, right? "D
Here's my last year interview with him.

o Your 2010 Bubbletone's single is wonderful. What is the secret of making such music? How do you work all the songs?

I really do not have secrets to make my songs. I have never learnt music. I make the songs in the feeling, I search a first agreement and all the rest of it chains itself.

o My all time favorite of Alley's song is 'Good Day'. Can you tell me what it is all about?
I had the idea of writing this song one of these mornings sunny when they feel in great form ready to win the world, héhé.

I always dream of watching Fanou doing a show!


















o You're a part of France-based Anorak Records. How is it going this day?

In effect I make left of Anorak Records the quality-label carries very well, check it is necessary to say that it is a small structure, we have quite a lot of plans under way with a festival of envisaging this summer

o What does 'Anorak' mean to you?

The stage Anorak as they say it is for me the style of music that I like, of touching, sincere, simple and melodic songs. This stage in for reference of groups such as The Field Mice, The Wake, Brighter, The Fat Tulips, and more..... and Anorak is a French coat :)

o Pop music with its own very culture. Any comment?

For me pop music is a philosophy of life, she touches me directly and "speaks" to me. Although it in dress codes as all musical movements it is first of all particular feelings

o Would you tell me more about yourself as personal? What do you do for living? Your favorite shoes? and foods?

I never speak really about me personally, I express my feelings by my music because I am not a big chatterbox:) but somebody rather timid and reserved. I work in a shop, to be able to earn enough money to travel and to buy from me new guitars. My favourite footwear are desert boots from Clarks. I like all foods, certainly particularly French food, because we have the chance to have very good products.

o You're in a band called Doggy. I never listen to any of Doggy's stuff but I notice some from youtube  video. Can you tell a story about the band?

Doggy is first of all the group of the single person (Guillaume), I am only the bass player. It is 2 years since I joined it and we made some concerts together, and to be honest we have a good time a lot
 
o What can I expect from your upcoming single for HeyHo! this year (it’s available now!)? All i know is that it's gonna be so lovely -at least, for me :)

I am really very happy to take out an ep on HeyHo! to be able to make discover my songs in Indonesia, of more Sea Indie is for me the revival of Sarah Records, I love groups very much as Annemarie, The Saturday Guy and many others and I hope definitely one day be going to play it. Still one thank you very much Arief to give me this opportunity.

END-

ps: If you never listen to Skittle Alley, then give yourself a chance. I Started it back days from Anorak website, and my morning changed since then. and I make sure myself to not miss his upcoming Dufflecoat single this year. Hope, hope, hope.
 
... and here some links:
MySpace http://www.myspace.com/fannou
SoundCloud http://soundcloud.com/skittlealley

Anorak Records http://www.anorakcd.net/
HeyHo! Records http://heyho-records.tumblr.com/
Bubbletone Discos http://www.bubbletonediscos.com/club7